So, it is 2 or more years since you gained the General Certificate in Beekeeping Husbandry and do you want to pass on your knowledge?
Open only to those who have passed the General Certificate in Beekeeping Husbandry, this assessment is designed for beekeepers aspiring to lecture and demonstrate the craft of beekeeping to others. The Assessment will be conducted at a suitable location (usually the National Beekeeping Centre at Stoneleigh) and will include the following tasks:
- Manipulation of one or more colonies as required by the Assessor
- Short presentation on a practical topic to a small audience
- Demonstration of dissection for acarine and nosema analysis
- Discussion and practical on methods of queen rearing
- Discussion on other aspects of beekeeping as given in the syllabus
To apply for the assessment, please contact the WBKA Exam Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org A link to the application form will be emailed to you and you can use this to apply and pay online direct to BBKA. The application closing date is 28 February in the year of the assessment.
Once your application is processed, you will be contacted regarding arrangements for the assessment.
You can download the Syllabus and Guidelines to Candidates here: